Re: Experience the New Windows

Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx> found saying

<-- snip -->
> I am sure that there are people who would benefit from an "Indian Linux",
> but we are not talking about those kind of people in this discussion. The
> typical purchaser of a new PC today, with Windows ME/XP installed, speaks
> English, and expects to use his machine in English.

Fine! but at the same time he likes to has "Rs." displayed instead of $ on
currency indicator, Comma in the typical indian style 0,00,000.00 etc.

> HOLD IT! Let me finish!
>
> I know that you are not talking about the language of the interface.
> Neither am I - I am just trying to point out that the average Indian user
> of a machine is not in any way different from the average user in the USA
> or Europe.

Try selling a english only software in France or Germany !!!

but alas! We are INDIAN ... any thing that does support NATIVE is good.

NO, I feel there is a strong latent market for Indian software but
unfortunately purchasing power of those catagory of people are low. Linux
can be the ideal solution for this segment of market.

> There really isn't anything like "an Indian need" - usability issues are
> universal. And if you refer to "Indian needs" as in "SIS cards, Yamaha
> cards, etc." you are again slipping back to installation issues which I am
> *not* trying to address in this thread.
<-- snip -->