[ot] Re: [linux mirrors in India]

Biju Chacko rearranged electrons thusly:

> On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 10:41:04AM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> >*That* was scuttled because of huge, overinflated egos on all sides.  All I
> >remember of that huge thread is that your comment sounds a lot like "Mr. Pot?
> >My name is Kettle, and I think you are black".

> I think we can do without the personal remarks. Take those offlist.

I would, except that, back in October 2000 Atul first started flaming me for
"acting like a netcop" on LIH when I told a guy (Rizwan, I think) to stop
posting URLs / links every 2 minutes and put up a webpage instead).  When I
told him to cut it out, I got a very rude mail in reply, plus most of my mail
addresses were added to his access.db with

... while talking to mail.exocore.com.:
>>> MAIL From:<mallet@xxxxxxx> SIZE=1177 RET=HDRS
<<< 550 5.0.0 <mallet@xxxxxxx>... Go away. I have wasted enough time on you

I dont have enough time to waste mailing him either, and neither do I have
mailbox space to spare to get such rude messages any time I accidentally cc an
exocore address when replying to LI-* (where several of you are posting with
exocore addresses).

You will notice that this is the first time I'm posting about this, abt 4
months after all this nonsense.  I had to give a reason for not taking it
offlist.

	--suresh

Like Biju said, please feel free to mail me offlist - and from an address I can
reply to (in case you are posting with an exocore address).  I won't be posting
about this further on LI-*

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org