Re:

sensible input..

archan
devrootp@xxxxxxxxxxx
archanp@xxxxxxxxxxx

Atul Chitnis wrote:

Doesn't make sense - who would administer that? PCQ? Chip? We already
know that we don't have enough unity to trust ourselves with such a
task (and noone would trust us either) - remember linux.org.in?

How would one ensure that such a facility is not misused by the
maintainers? What kind of accountability could one ensure? And how?

Additionally, a 2 MB pipe???? That's pathetic! What you need is colocated
machines at VSNL/Satyam/whatever. Doesn't ILUG-Bombay have such a machine
dedicated to this purpose, complete with a nice fat 20 GB disk? Why not
use that?

If not, I'd suggest that we leave things like this (that are high
expense/high maintenance) to companies who can afford paying for the
facilities and paying people to maintain it, and would automatically
ensure that it is not misused. If it *is* misused, it is money out of
*their* pockets - a good incentive.