MOUNTING PROBLEM

Hello everybody,

I gave the following command to mount my win partition on linux

root@sunil$:     mkdir /mnt/win
root@sunil$:     mount /dev/hda1  /mnt/win -t vfat

But it gave the following error and failed to mount .

mount :  /dev/hda1 has wrong major or minor number .

I also checked whether it is correct partition or not using

root@sunil$  fdisk /dev/hda
                        p  [for printing the partition names ]

What could be wrong  ?

Note :  I did delete contents of  /etc/sysconfig/hwconf  to refresh my
hardware detection , and it did detect [that was for i810 mb problem ] but I
don't think that has to anything to do with mounting.

Expecting an early reply

Thanks in advance

Defeat is not when you fall down
It is when you refuse to get up.