Re: [ot - sort of] spammer bites the dust (goodbye gtcdrom.com)

N.A. Prakash rearranged electrons thusly:

> question is: How come we dont protest when you, Raju, and other leading
> lights of the LI lists (I repeat, no offence meant, just making a point)
> quote original messages in full or in large chunks even when unnecessary

Because those posts are ON-TOPIC - linux security announcements are definitely
on topic to the list

> when you reply to them to the list, but we protest over GT's "spam" and
> have a considerable discussion on it? Is it because we condone violation
> of list rules by its leaders but wont tolerate it from others?

 People trying to make a quick buck by bombing the list with ads (whether for
 linux or whatever) are off-topic - unless the mail is prefixed with the
 [commercial] tag in the subject, and kept to within reasonable limits.

 GT did neither (no commercial tag, very frequent posting of ads - and NOTHING
 ELSE - to the list)

> LIG is all for free speech.  But it was created
> for a purpose.  Violations of the rules of
> this list will result in stern action.

see this disclaimer above?  it says what I said - in far fewer words

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + mallet<@>efn.org
  You spamma my mailbox, I nukea da ass