Re: [ot - sort of] spammer bites the dust (goodbye gtcdrom.com)

At 03:21 PM 06/12/00 +0530, Radhakrishnan C V wrote:
Prakash, it is very simple, `some are more equal'. This is particularly
true when some subscribers passionately want to end the thread if
someone disagrees with them. Though the footline of the posts say that
LIG is all for free speech, it seems, it's not applicable to everyone.

I take this as a snide pointer towards my "Shall we agree to disagree" remark. I'm not sure what you are implying here. I don't feel that it is my responsibility to ensure that everybody agrees with me. Both sides stated their positions and were unwilling to change their stances. IMO, further discussion was pointless and was likely to disturb the friendly relationship I have with Fred. I would really hate to say something nasty (in the heat of the moment, of course) to a nice guy like Fred Noronha.

I should think that the very fact that you were able to make an unpleasant remark like that and get a civil reply from me would be a sufficient indication of the freedom of this list.

regards,

Biju
Biju "Botsie" Chacko            b i j u _ c h a c k o @ y a h o o . c o m