Re: Free software, proprietary software and Stalin

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 12:08:57AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>         So competing better than something is destroying it? This is
>  rational? So I make a better paper clip, I am going out and
>  destroying the other paper clips?

I have not seen any empirical evidence that GNU ever made a better
paper clip. It's just a reinvention of the existing paper clip.

They're claiming that the people who made the first paper clip didn't give
it to me for free. Therefore they commited an offense. I'm going to make
my own paper clip and give it away to everyone. I'll also make sure that
I'll make all the people who make paper clips obsolete by making great
free paper clips.

	-Arun