Re: Free software, proprietary software and Stalin

>>"Arun" == Arun Sharma <adsharma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Arun> GNU ideology explicitly advocates destroying commercial software. This
 Arun> is where the hypocrisy comes in.

        Rubbish. Please quote chapter and verse about where anyone
 talks about destroying commercial software. You are just
 displaying your lack of understanding of the arguments that
 the free software community embraces.

        The argument always has been that software ownership is an
 idea that is detr4imental to society in general, and thus one should
 work towards getting the laws and rules changed. Most of the
 arguments are to support this.

 Arun> On second thoughts, hypocrisy is too strong a word - I should've used
 Arun> contradiction.

        There is no contradiction ivolved -- I strogly suggest you go
 read www.gnu.org.

        Once you have done that, perhaps we can have a more rational
 discussion, but at this moment you are massively confused about the
 viewpoint that you oppose.

        manoj
--
 A study of the science of technology defines what is possible; a
 study of the economics of technology establishes which of the