Re: Free software, proprietary software and Stalin

>So you're basically saying that free software is some sort
>of civil disobedience movement in a capitalistic society. So you're

Yes! a rather good way to put it - unfortunately most of the interpretations
of objectivism are lopsided and twisted to favour M$

Bill Gates is the James Taggart of Software industry if I may say so

Free software  means that *I* also have the freedom not to give it away for
free - not to sell it at a price lower than *I* feel it deserves or vice
versa

I give away a whole lot of scripts I write because
1) I can
2) It serves my vanity
3) It is a great PR excercise

Is that being altruistic (and how many developers can say that they do what
they do for anything else ....)

all that may sound rather green - but then I have the freedom to do it.

In fact Suresh has summed up a lot of what I feel

More when I am in a more coherent frame of mind :-)

Cheers

Tarique

Creating not just Web Sites but Web Applications
            http://www.sanisoft-india.com

Search Engine for Nagpur http://nagpurcity.net