Re: Free software, proprietary software and Stalin

>>"Arun" == Arun Sharma <adsharma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Arun> GNU ideology explicitly advocates destroying commercial software. This
 Arun> is where the hypocrisy comes in.

 Arun> Just found something more specific:
 Arun> http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-history.html

 quote>
 Arun> How far can free software go? There are no limits, except when laws such
 Arun> as the patent system prohibit free software entirely. The ultimate goal
 Arun> is to provide free software to do all of the jobs computer users want
 Arun> to do--and thus make proprietary software obsolete.
 >> /quote>

        So competing better than something is destroying it? This is
 rational? So I make a better paper clip, I am going out and
 destroying the other paper clips?

        You have any idea how weak that sounds?

        The GNU philosophy is to make software so much better than
 closed source software that no one shall feel like paying them for an
 inferior product.

        People shall get paid for the labout they put in -- and not by
 hoarding code, often thelabour of others.

        manoj
--
 I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.
Manoj Srivastava   <srivasta@xxxxxxxxxx>  <http://www.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/>