Re: amavis installation

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 11:15:05AM +0530, Mithun Bhattacharya merrily said:
> Uhh Sandip this really isnt expected of you - in any case I am using a

Sorry to disappoint you. ;)

> P-III 800 with 256MB RAM which is also running a heavy webserver I do
> occassionaly see the load shooting upto 3+ but on the whole it stays

I don;t think that the problem lied with the server config. After all
it is just a fast and small script running at a max of 10 copies at a
time.

It had some other issue with some perl function going on an endless
loop somewhere.

> below 0.5 I would also suggest that when something  bombs you should try
> to find out why rather than trying to suggest to others that using the

That's the correct attitude. But amavis was just an extremely simple
shell script file that you could read and edit easily by hand to
reconfigure. And look what they have done to it?

I agree things should work to be better, but my foremeost belief is
"simplicity is a virtue".

> current stable version is not needed. You do realize people come out

For first timers, yes, if you are not going to go into the source, go
for the perl version.

> with new versions to fix something which was broken earlier or for
> adding new features which most of the users have requested not just to
> bloat the software.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya