Re: Project Help

Hi saket ,
  I wud like yo suggest you this idea.
  As you are well versed to MS systems you must be
surely knowing the technique to access the files on
the other computers over a LAN.
  The technique of "\\computername" which pops up a
window showing you the folders shared by the other
computer.
I had noticed that linux never had any such easy
arrangement of accessing the files over a LAN ( at
least not as easy as it is on MS  ).

So you cud develop a server which listens for any of
the clients for a "file share requests" and pop it up
on a client window and letting the client access the
files as "they were on his system itself".

This way you could learn GUI programming as well as
network programming thru sockets too!

Wishing you best of luck for the project.

-- Harshal Vaidya