Re: vcd's

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 07:55:35PM +0530, Lokesh Setia merrily said:
> To test this fact, you don't need to even try to copy, just try
> playing the file /mnt/cdrom/mpegav/avseq01.dat in any linux software
> and see.

Just a query. Does a windoze system handle this technicalities, coz I
generally play VCDs using Windoze mplayer and ask it to run
X:\mpegav\avseq01.dat just as any other mpg file ... I have even
copied these files (in win9x) to hard disks and played from there.

If what you say is correct, mplayer (or the windows internal CDROM
drivers) can distinguish between an ISO9660 filesystem and a VCD
while Linux can't ...

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya