Your opinion please - no flame wars !

List,
I would like to know the opinions from Linux users on different
distributions, based on just the one criteria :
Ease of installation for the new person;
New person's profile can be taken as a person who gets a Linux
distribution CD and he is on hos own and wants to install it and use it.
At the most he has been using windoze on a desktop with M$office and IE
or Netscape for his mail and browsing.

Hence, the question, to be answered, can be :

In your opinion, which distribution of Linux would be easiest for a
newbie to switch-over to Linux ?

Once again, just your own view, without any intention (on my part) to
start a discussion/flames/etc.... on this point.

Peace, Force & Joy!                           Sudhir Gandotra
Humanist news & plans at  http://humanistmovement.org/jan2001
        Transform your life & life of those you love:
           http://humanistmovement.org/form2.html