Re: Your opinion please - no flame wars !

I would recommend Mandrake for a biginner.  Mandrake 7.2 to be specific as
the latest 8.0 version is not stable.

G. Palaniappan

Sudhir Gandotra wrote:

> List,
> I would like to know the opinions from Linux users on different
> distributions, based on just the one criteria :
> Ease of installation for the new person;
> New person's profile can be taken as a person who gets a Linux
> distribution CD and he is on hos own and wants to install it and use it.
> At the most he has been using windoze on a desktop with M$office and IE
> or Netscape for his mail and browsing.
>
> Hence, the question, to be answered, can be :
>
> In your opinion, which distribution of Linux would be easiest for a
> newbie to switch-over to Linux ?
>
> Once again, just your own view, without any intention (on my part) to
> start a discussion/flames/etc.... on this point.
>
> Peace, Force & Joy!                           Sudhir Gandotra
> Humanist news & plans at  http://humanistmovement.org/jan2001
>         Transform your life & life of those you love:
>            http://humanistmovement.org/form2.html

begin:vcard
n:Palaniappan;G
tel;fax:+91(11)340 5978
tel;home:+91(11)680 5210
tel;work:+91(11)336 8204/340 5970
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://personal.vsnl.com/palani
org:Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited
adr:;;Bangla Sahib Road;New Delhi;;110 001;India
version:2.1
email;internet:palani@xxxxxxxx
title:Senior General Manager
fn:G. Palaniappan