Re: ilugd is shutting down

Hmmm.  My suspicions.  As Raj is a "Good Guy", he formats his mail neatly,
and reads it before sending.  See below.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 raju@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am sorry to announce the ilugd is being forced to shutdown by court
> order due to a complaint lodged by Microsoft(Delhi to be specific).

Wrong spelling (space before a "(")
Wrong sounding (Delhi in particular?  Not MS India, or MS Calcutta?)

> They
> claim that we have deliberately marred their name and have resorted to
> illegal means to discourace

AHA!!!  A typo

> people from using microsoft products.. for

Microsoft is captialised, and elipses have three dots.

> the full and official document visit the linux-india site.
> www.linux-india.org/news/latest/index.html
>
> sorry guys... this list will be shutdown soon. at least temporarily till
> the case gets to court.

Till _after_ the court verdict, I believe.

And ILUG-D is captialised.

And Raj's MUA has his name set, I suppose, not just an address.  Not that
there _is_ any MUA line in the headers.

All in all, from the formating, this is a kid who discovered that
telneting to port 25 lets you send mail.

Of course, Raj may have been in shock, like the RPM 3 to 4 upgrade days
;-)

> --Raju

Tell tale sign.  It is <CR>--<CR>Signature, not <CR>--Signature<CR>

And Vivek, it is a "free" country, and democratic as well, but this is not
the same as "I can say what I like".  There _are_ limits to free speech.

--
Sanjeev "ghane" Gupta                    Mob: +65 98551208
dotXtra Pte Ltd                          Fax: +65 2275776