Re: IP Chains

> Thankx for the comment and can you tell me Is there any other way to
implement
> firewalls except ipchains. If yes how to do it. As I am new to firewalls I
would
> like to know step by step approach.
on the newer 2.4.x linux kernels the firewall code has changed quite a lot,
and you can also consider that for implementing a firewall. On those systems
u can use ipchains, ipfwadmin or the new iptables. I wud suggest that u go
thru the ipchains howto and the ipmasq howto to get a better idea of the
linux kernel firewalls! Though under linux if u wanna use the linux kernel
for firewalling, ipchains/iptables are the only ways in which u can set up a
firewall normally!

Bye,