Re: IP Chains

i don't think that ipchains can work with dhcp clients for per client
config! The only possible solution that i cud implement was thru a cron job.
It wud run once every hour, and then refresh the ipchains rule set. Of
course in this case i was also using ddns (on win2k), so i cud identify each
client by hostname, and i had to just rerun the firewall code). If u need
special handling for some machines, then go in for static ip addresses, or
subnet your network, and add multiple dhcp scopes, so that you can identify
clients from the dhcp scopes!