Re: Which Linux to use?

> I don't want to become the next alan cox
> Yes I can take a freebsd cd,
> run a awk script through it and replace
> Free with GNU and have my own GNUBSD
> talk about making changes. :)
>
> But the thing is I don't want that
> what any guy wants is recognition in the group s/he
> is in and even if I do my level best with BSDLite
> I won't get a place in the 20 some ppl in the kernel team
> neither will my code.
>
> So why not run and study mach and The HURD and try to code.
> :) is it a bad reason.
>
> But the reason why BSD is kinda (ok) is cuz of the tightness
> of code but then, i would rather run openbsd.
that is the whole issue with freebsd.. i agree that the maintainers hav a
very strict coding standard and credit policies. Basically what u wanna say
is that u use Linux because u wan't to contribute to it and get credited for
it too. (I might be wrong here!) But this is something with a particullar
project, and not all projects with bsd licence are like this. My original
point being that just because something does not follow gpl does not mean
that it is crap or that it wud not allow you to contribute. You sounded like
a person who is ill informed abt the licenses (which i am glad to know that
u aren't!!!). Also following your logic, u shudn't be using Apache as it
does not use the GPL license!!!! If u hav a problem with a project, it is a
different issue, but to blame that on the licence is just funny!!!

Bye,