Re: Which Linux to use?

Hi,
> I personaly like Freebsd very much but don't use it because of the
> license. Its not GPL and I am in love with the GPL.
this is the funniest reason that i hav heard for not using freebsd. I agree
that as a programmer contributing to open source software, license issues
are very imp (with bsd and gpl being the 2 most popular ones i guess), but
definately it shud not take u away from using the os!! The bsd license
allows u to do everything that the gpl allows (and if i understand it
correctly.. if u make changes, then u can put those changes under gpl!!
correct me if i am wrong!) and more! Tell me one thing, don't u use apache
under linux! even apache has the same licence as freebsd!

Bye,