Re: The next step

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> I cannot afford to come to IT.com (you know how Grad students are paid
> in India) and know a whole lot of people who cannot make it.

[snipped]

> 	Almost all of these folks are IT workers or are rich enough to
> afford it, right?  This is certainly not a complete representation of
> LI.

Agreed. Now imagine, LI as a national body with funds at its disposal
 - raised from sponsorships/donations/endorsements, or even from cash rich
local LUGS - whatever we agree on. We would then be able to sponsor 2 or 3
guys from local LUGS to attend such events. One more point in favour of
registration/formalisation, I think.

Regards,
Gurunandan