learning linux

Sirs,
 i am a college student anda newbie to linux (been using it for abt 15 days now). i am planning to write the exam conducted by Linux Professionals Institute (lpi). I want to know what book I can use to learn. The most comprehensive book I have found is Linux Unleashed. Please tell me if this book is worth it. If yes, Please tell me if I should go in for "RedHat 6.0 Unleashed" (bcos i run RH 6.1 on my system) or for "Linux Unleashed". If no, please tell me which book I can use and where i can find it too.
 I want a book that covers all the basic stuff like installation, command index, networking, samba, kernel hacking, etc, plus programming stuff like (at least) the basics of perl, java, c, cpp, etc.
 thanks.c ya.

prahlad.

--
This message will self-destruct in 5 Seconds.