Re: learning linux

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 prahladv@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>  I want a book that covers all the basic stuff like installation,
> command index, networking, samba, kernel hacking, etc, plus
> programming stuff like (at least) the basics of perl, java, c, cpp,

Try "Beginning Linux Programming - 2nd edn." by Neil Mathews & Richard
Stones (Wrox Publishers Rs.500/-).  It is one of the best book to start
with.

** mks **

M K Saravanan,
Member Research Staff,
The AU-KBC Centre for Internet & Telecom Technologies,
Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University,
Chromepet, Chennai 600 044.
Tamilnadu, INDIA

Tel     (O): 91 44 2417885         Email: mksarav@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Telefax (O): 91 44 2402711         URL  : http://mksarav.tripod.com