Re: gnu and linux

Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:

> Highly debatable.  I can make an equally convincing argument that if GNU
> had not existed Linus would have built a kernel and distributed it under
> some other license.

If gcc were not there, I doubt whether linux project would have ever taken off.
And we all may not be using GNU/Linux now! One of the reasons for the success
of Linux kernel is that it is GPLed.

> Why don't you agree.  Please elaborate.

Because common sense tells that it is a really stupid idea.

--
  Ramakrishnan M

" Chase the dream, not the competition "