[LI] Card and modems

Pablicx!

I am here, this time wishing to put my machine over the net. Using
Dialup.. naturally.
>From Bombay users, I would request some names [modems and cards] [I
think we use a modem when using telephone lines while a card helps when
wired to network, right?] for the hardware. I have one ISA slot free.

Please recommend some names as well as costs. If anyone wants to rid
himself off of his modem, do let me know that too. Hey! Do we need BOTH
a card AND a modem to have a dial-up machine ready to roll?

Queries may be elementary, my dear Watsons, but I have barely begun.

Thanks in anticipation. Please take a moment to write.

Rohit