Re: [LI] emacs and mailer

Hi Arn,

I think the problem is slightly different from what you have
stated... you're right about rmail using it's own mailbox format
(which is one of the reasons I gave up rmail and switched to VM), but
Khader was looking for a method to keep his messages in
/var/.../khader itself, instead of in ~/INBOX (which is where VM keeps
it).

Some background:  VM keeps the messages in it's own mailbox since it
prepends X-VM- headers to messages which allow it to quickly sort,
select and display messages.  I haven't used any other mail program
under Emacs, so don't know about the others, but I can't see any way
of making VM keep messages in the spool file itself.

However, it's quite easy to point most mail clients to that INBOX file
and use it as the spool.  I've done it with Pine, Elm, NS Messenger
and even over IMAP -- it works just fine.

Regards,

-- Raju