[LI] emacs and mailer

Hi there,
I would like to use Emacs as my mailer.
Is there any way I can make it use *only* /var/spool/mail/username rather
than emacs cleaning up /var/spool/mail/username and saving it in ~/RMAILER ??
Mutt simply reads /var/spool/mail/username and modifies it as necessary !!
I want that functionality in emacs also. Anybody knows how I do that ??
I am sure it must be possible !! Right ??
TIA
Regards
	Khader