Re: [LI] Sendmail Query ! No Not about relays :-)

Suresh Ramasubramanian <r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 01/26/2000 11:04:59 PM
>Which means that some kind of fat mail is still stuck in the mail queue.
>Wait for the bounces, or flush the mail queue.  Or sendmail runs out of
>memory because some kind of memory hogging job is also running
>simultaneously, so it freezes, sort of.

hi there,
Not a memory Prob ! Postfix runs fine ! Anyway it is not a memory prob !!

>Can't tell - post the contents of /var/log/maillog (not the whole bloody
>lot, just the relevant bits <g>) - or just see the contents for yourself,
>to get a clue :)
Whenever I post, I do it after all that only dude. Try SOmeone else ;-)
The only message in the logs about local mail is
mailer=local, stat=Deferred.

Everything  else is same.

>Quick fix - try restarting (rather than reinstalling) sendmail and see
>what happens. If worst comes to worst, try changing the hostname of your
>box - this sometimes helps reset everything back to normal (God only knows
>why).
Well, I cannot change the hostname and I have already installed sendmail
10 times without any luck ( And of course always fresh without any remains
;-)

Maybe something else ?? ;-(
Regards
     Khader