Re: [LI] ilug-cochin minutes for Jan 2000

> > Quite true.  Red Hat Linux 6.0 and in no time we have 6.1. Our own PC
> > Quest brought out Red Hat 6.0 and 6.1 within a span of less than 6
> > months.  Do we want these kind of release cycles ??  Does this not
> > reek of one upmanship ?  For what....pure commercial interest and not
> > out of love/respect for the GNU/Linux community.  Love for the crisp
> > GREENBACKS ;-))

PCQuest did not come out with RHL 6.0 (but Chip Special did).  Did
PCQ/CHIP/DQ/PCW
force you to use RHL 6.1/6.0/5.2? They were trying to save some six to ten
day downloads.

You are free to choose your distro and os, like me I use slacware 3.5 with a
new kernel (2.2) for
my qmail based email gateway, whereas RH 5.2 for a dialin printshop server,
and RH 6.1 for my other
machines (two of them where I do DTP, word processing etc), but the email
editor is still Outlook
for Win95 for compatiability with other office-staff.