Re: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest

----- Original Message -----
From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2000 2:51 PM
Subject: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest

(snip)

> If it will help, I will recommend to PC Quest to terminate the PCQ Linux
> Initiative in response to this problem, to allow the listadmins to do
> their job without fear of repercussions and wrongful allegations of bias.
>
> Atul

Be quite sure I am not taking sides here, but Atul, how does this step help
Linux and specifically Linux in India. I am also against the kind of
persosnal attack that has prompted you to suggest this, IMO, harsh step.
It's like Samuel Pepys (or was it Oscar Wilde) who set his clothes on fire
so that he could frighten himself enough to cure his hiccups. One cannot
please all the people all the time.

Sharukh

Btw Mr. Bhat, PCWorld gave Corel Linux, Chip gave Winlinux 2000, I.T.
Magazine gave Mandrake linux, then how come you only target PCQ for giving
out Non-Debian distros ????