M/s Sholay.Com Inc

From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Oh god, what is the temperature in Cochin right now?

Great, you fell for that trap like I knew you would! You are so
predictable!

Yes, I make money off my activities the world over (saying "Bangalore" is
a bit restrictive given my field of operation). But to say that I use
Linux to establish myself is a *pathetic* response to a statement I made
about you.

I "established" myself years before Linus even joined the University of
Helsinki. I didn't mean to, but it happened. I don't call myself a guru, I
am just a guy who has tried stuff before others did and sometimes knows
the answers to assorted questions, so I share them. I have published
articles to prove it, and some of them are even online, and I have
published software from the mid eighties to show, too.

And I *also* have a complete collection of your posts to Linux India. A
very revealing collection. I encourage everyone to have a look at them,
too.  There isn't a single answer in any of them, just bigotry.

And I warn you that at this point, your attacks on PC Quest are not going
unnoticed. You have crossed the line of decency, and it is now pretty
clear that you have an agenda. If you have a problem with me, say so. But
talk about PC Quest again in this unsubstantiated way, and you are going
to have to be taught a lesson in legal matters.

I will not stand by while you drag the name of PC Quest in the mud for
your own personal gain. There are a lot of good people in PCQ for whom I
have the highest possible respect, and I have seen what they have done for
people over the years. What right do you have to come along to besmirch
their good intentions and all their hard work with your lies and
unsubstantiated allegations?

Linux India, I need to ask you for help with this problem. This man is
trying to whip up a momentum against PC Quest (see the minutes of the last
ILUG-Cochin meet) for his own personal gain, and he is using the mailing
lists and Linux as his medium. He is getting away with it because no one
here tells him that you disagree.

I would expect at least the listadmins to do something about this, but I
suspect that they cannot because it would look like the list is a
PCQ-sponsored thing (which it isn't).

If it will help, I will recommend to PC Quest to terminate the PCQ Linux
Initiative in response to this problem, to allow the listadmins to do
their job without fear of repercussions and wrongful allegations of bias.

Atul

--
E-Mail
sunit@xxxxxxxxxx