Re: [LI] News Server setup

Hi there,
Thanks for dat info Atul.
Anyway I am using Debian here, and the command is also the same here
and hence it works I used that command like this
# ctlinnd newgroup in.ibm.linux y avenger
And it did add a news group by the name in.ibm.linux ( BTW thanks for the
Idea of in.ibm.linux ( .distro is removed for
confidential reasons ;-))
But, when I connect from an OS/2 machine using Netscape, I get the error
" Discussion group responded: You have no permission to talk . GoodBye "
;-?
I edited nnrp.access to add the line *.in.ibm.com:RP:::*, but still no
luck.
And as far as Lotus notes *client* for Linux is concerned, it is totally
and only
possible By the Lotus Team ( since Lotus is owned by IBM but functions as
an *independent* entity )
As a matter of fact, I myself am waiting for Lotus notes on Linux ;-(
TIA
     Khader

----------------------------------   @}--------
Syed Khader Vali                  Debian 2.2.1 ( potato )
skhader@xxxxxxxxxx             Kernel 2.3.39
Live Free or Die                       http://www.cfp2000.org

Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 01/12/2000 04:33:11 pm

You want to create a local group that discusses a highly secret linux
distro you are creating, want to let everyone read/post to that group (so
much for secrecy), and leave a mark that you created this group

ctlinnd newgroup in.ibm.linux.distro y skhader

edit /etc/news/nnrp.access and add this line:

*.in.ibm.com:Read Post:::*

Now point your newsreader at your linuxbox, and have fun.

There is more to a formal news server setup for external access, but for
private discussions, this will do.

BTW - why don't you use Notes for Linux instead? It has equivalent
functionality.

And when is IBM bringing out a Notes *client* for Linux?