using each of them to access my mails. What I basically need is that the
From: line must be correct. Can I access mails from a user account on my
machine which does not have the same name as the login name of the pop
account (ie if the user name on my local machine is bob, can I access mails
from say jim@xxxxxxxxx ?)

Also, for a standalone machine with multiple pop accounts, is there any
advantage to using qmail over sendmail?

can someone point me in the relevant direction ? (though step by step
instructions would also be welcome... come on it _is_ Christmas time)

Thanx,

Sharukh.