[LI] Winmodems

Dude,

Just a thought.. But why can't Linux run Windmodems?? I mean, windows is
also a software, right? We have emulators and stuff. So why is it that
people just throw their hands up when it comes to winmodems?? I have a
Motorola VoiceSurfr 56K, which though isnt a modem, uses some host
signal processing or something like that, and can be run only with
windows.

I have searched and searched and searched the net, but have not been
able to gather any info. Any help will be much appreciated.

-Anuj