Re: [LI] Winmodems

We all know that in Winmodems, the hardware jobs are done using software.
Right. They are slow at times because they put load on the main processor.
Right. But is that software Windows specific? If so why? Otherwise someone
can port it to Linux. If they can and do not, there has to be some other
reason...

Someone explain!