[LI] WinLinux2000

Hi Friends,

I installed WinLinux2000 from Dec. CHIP CD.

This distribution appears to be very good for those people who don't  want to
partition linux but want to have a feel of linux.

The installation was breeze. When I tried it to install on a FAT16 partition(
with 475MB ) free space, after reaching around 70% it gave me error
insufficient disk space. I think on FAT16 partition this distribution takes
around 500MB space.

Then I tried installing on FAT32 partition where it installed without any
problems and it occupied only 300MB space. It copies all the linux files in
\linux directory and copies winlinux.bat in windows directory. This file
loads the linux kernel.

If it supports your video card & sound card then it is automatically detected
otherwise in case of video card it loads VGA16 X server with 640x480
resolution. The default desktop is KDE.

Since my video card is SiS6215 it was not detected by this and I got only
640x480 resolution with VGA16 server. I did not test the sound card.

Now I have removed this distribution since Loading a linux  distribution from
windows is not so good, specially when I have already Red Hat 6.1 installed on
my machine.

Those who are not ready to repartition their disk yet may try this stuff.
This is exactly like the Slackware stuff distributed by PCQ where we were
choosing UMSDOS and running linux.bat to run linux.

Bye.

 --
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
Kurtarkar Nagari, Bldg-C,