[LI] Re: Vijay Mukhi (Re: Angry Penguin Charged)

Hi all,

	Lets not be very particular about Mr. Mukhi's deleberations about
the Linux at Comdex 99. Although, his talk had a damaging effect on
buisnessmen who were eager to know about facts and abilities of Linux but
facts presented by MR. Mukhi were similar to a new bie curiousities and
matter was farawaya from the subject. I am using Linux for 5-6 years and
member of many lists of "vger.rutgers.edu" group but havent seen any mail
from Mr. Mukhi of any kind in thses groups. I dont know about this list as
I joined it recently.

	The responsibility was of the COMDEX organisers who could have
find out real users and experts on Linux as a speaker. The tite of his
talk "Why not to use Linux" was interesting and person having involved in
Linux development could have spoken well on the topic. His contention that
the he could not get a ethernet card in working order does not make any
sense as for as Linux is concern and this does not make Linux unusable.
All thses questions we see invariably in Linux new-bie mailing list.

	Any way, Linuxers in India have to work more to convince those who
after that talk left Hall (Semnar Hall and not " Maddog"  Hall) with some
confusion in their mind. After all we see is a bright future in Linux.

Good Luck.

 --S.K. Singh--