Re: [OT] Re: [LI] Vijay Mukhi (Re: Angry Penguin Charged)

On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 03:35:56AM +0000, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:
> Raj Mathur wrote:
>
> > Jeez, aren't you folks ashamed to admit in public that you read soft
> > porn, which is essentially what VM's books are?

In my defence, I was unable to learn anything from the book when I bought it,
as it is almost completely unreadable (brain: parse error! parse error!).
But I have always had trouble throwing books away.

> Tutorials on Sailing...Can we say that ?

I was surprised to find the entire series of C Odyssey books sitting in
the main lab of our Physics department when I got to Australia in 1994.
Somebody probably left them behind, because the lab had only AIX and
Digital Unix terminals till recently.

Evidently our admin also has trouble throwing books away.

It might explain the C skills of some of the physicists though. f2c... can
we say that? :)

PS. Report authors: I enjoyed the Comdex report. Thanks a lot!

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@xxxxxxx         ssk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Univ of Melbourne	The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"