[LI] Re: 1024 cylinder limit

Hello everybody

	This is the problem i faced with so i thought it'll be nice to tell about
this. Recently i upgraded my system's Hard Disk Space from 6.4 GB to 13 GB
and then I made 2 partitions from DOS Fdisk one 6GB of FAT32 and one 4GB of
fat32 and rest of the 3 GB i left for linux (Redhat 6.1).

	Then after installing every software on win 98 patition when i rebooted my
system with Redhat 6.1 CD and i came till Disk Druid i found out that i was
unable to make the / partition (except / i was able to make every other
partition like /usr /boot etc... ). After studying a lot of HOW-TO's i came
to know that it is not a linux fault it's a BIOS fault because a BIOS cant
adress bootstrap which is in > 1024 cylinder .

HOW DID I OVERCOME

	I made the partition witht the help of fdisk (yes manually) and then
installed the linux (rH 6.1) now the system cant have lilo i.e. lilo
requires BIOS functions so now i boot my linux with loadlin (which you can
find in cddrive :\dosutils\    rh)

that's all

thanks

Anand--