Re: [LI] Web Server problem

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> Hi Satya,

> I don't have any Ethernet Card on my PC. It's a standalone machine.
In that case remove the entry for 192.*.* assigned to your box using netcfg or
linuxconf  . YOu have probably bound it to a nonexistant interface.
You dont need it..  Take out any entries for routing.   The only interface
entry must be for the loopback (lo).  The only  IP address assigned in hosts
to your box must be 127.0.0.1. ALias localhost to rajesh.com

When you dial out dhcp takes care of assigning an IP address to yout box.
so no problem there.
> The output of netstat -a | grep LISTEN on my machine is as follows :
> tcp        0      0 *:6000                  *:*                     LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 *:postgres              *:*                     LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN

The above looks good

Sathya