Re: [LI] Web Server problem

The output of hostname on my box is bilal
The output of dnsdomainname on my box is brain.net.pk
My /etc/hosts is

127.0.0.1	localhost
0.0.0.0	 	bilal.brain.net.pk bilal
209.58.78.10	proxy.one.net.pk	proxy

My /etc/HOSTNAME is

bilal.brain.net.pk

And I can connect to http://bilal whether I am on the Internet or off it.

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Rajesh Fowkar wrote:

> connect: Network is unreachable

> tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN
> Surprising to see that there is no HTTPD in the above list. But when my

See the above line. Port 80 is www listed above which is httpd in the form
of disk file. :)

> No such error in netscape I can browse all the sites. This problem is only for
> my machine i.e. whenever I say http://rajesh.com.
>
> The output of hostname command on my machine is :
> rajesh.com
>
> The output of dnsdomainname command on my machine is :
> com

Kindly try making your /etc/HOSTNAME as
rajesh.rajesh.com

And your /etc/hosts as

127.0.0.1	localhost
0.0.0.0		rajesh.rajesh.com	rajesh

with TABs between the entries instead of spaces

And your /etc/host.conf as

order hosts, bind
multi on

PS: Keep in touch !!