Re: [LI] Web Server problem

Hi Satya,

> 1)checking to see if your stack is up:
>  Is the 192.somthing address set on your ethernet card ?

I don't have any Ethernet Card on my PC. It's a standalone machine.

> can you ping localhost.

When I do ping localhost or ping rajesh.com or ping localhost.localdomain
I get the following message :

connect: Network is unreachable

The output of netstat -a | grep LISTEN on my machine is as follows :
tcp        0      0 *:6000                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:postgres              *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:printer               *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:linuxconf             *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:finger                *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:login                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:shell                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:telnet                *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:auth                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN
unix  0      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1668   /tmp/x11amp_rajesh.0
unix  0      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     450    /tmp/.font-unix/fs-1
unix  0      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     429    /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
unix  0      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     326    /dev/printer
unix  0      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     560    /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix  0      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     651    /tmp//kio_500_632rajesh.com_0
unix  0      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     653    /tmp//kfm_500_632rajesh.com_0
unix  0      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     387    /dev/gpmctl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Surprising to see that there is no HTTPD in the above list. But when my
computer is booting linux it is showing Starting httpd:. Strange to find the
httpd entry missing in the above output.

One thing I want to mention here is that When I connect to Internet I can
telnet as well as ping any site. No errors.

> Are you getting a host not found error from netscape or is it a HTTP error from
> the webserver

No such error in netscape I can browse all the sites. This problem is only for
my machine i.e. whenever I say http://rajesh.com.

The output of hostname command on my machine is :
rajesh.com

The output of dnsdomainname command on my machine is :
com

Hope I have clearly explained what is happening on my machine.

Thanks again

Regards

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)