[LI] Modem problems.Unable to connect to the net

	Hello  Linux-landers,
		I have a bit of problem  with my modem. I was trying to connect to the
internet thru kppp (or whatever way is available) i am unable to connect.My modem does'nt
even dial.It stops saying "NO DIALTONE". I have  a pulse line.Can any one give a solution
for this . In win 95/8 this problem gets solved by unchecking the option "Wait for dialtone
before Dialing".If that is the problem can someone give me the modem string/command for
this.
								N.VEERARAGAVAN