Re: [LI] Modem problems.Unable to connect to the net

Hi,

This issue has been discussed at length before on this  mailing
list. Search through the archieve, you will get the solution. In fact I would
suggest that go through the help of KPP in which there is one section on KPPP
FAQ. Most of the problems which users face are given there with solutions.

Regards

Rajesh

 On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> Hello  Linux-landers, >
I have a bit of problem  with my modem. I was trying to connect to the  >
internet thru kppp (or whatever way is available) i am unable to connect.My
modem does'nt  > even dial.It stops saying "NO DIALTONE". I have  a pulse
line.Can any one give a solution  > for this . In win 95/8 this problem gets
solved by unchecking the option "Wait for dialtone  > before Dialing".If that
is the problem can someone give me the modem string/command for  > this. >
	 		 	N.VEERARAGAVAN >
--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
Kurtarkar Nagari, Bldg-C,