Re: [LI] Modem Problem RH 6.1 PCQ

| Yes I have connected to the correct port. and I can see some lights gettin
| on, on the front panel of the modem,  when minicom initializes the modem
| there must be some other setting to change which I am not able to set or
| unable to find that setting.
| Please help
|
| -nitin

Hi Nitin,
    Have you tried wvdial
    when you do #wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
    it automatically detects your modem and sets up the best initializtion
string
    for it.

    Check if your /proc/devices
    file contains a name called ttyS0 or just ttyS

   Another thing to do is
   type $man kudzu
   I don't remember the filename but it is mentioned in
*/sysconfig/hw<something>
   check out that file if it does not contain a string in the attached
devices, viz.,
   "ttyS". If it does not contain this line then your modem is not detected.
    you did not mention what was /dev/modem symlinked to.

   do $ls -al /dev/modem, that will tell you what it is symlinked to.

   Will get back with more.

   regards
   Aditya