Re: [LI] Interesting error on unix >> Perfection of Solar calender Over TIME <<

Hi

> "Guruprasad, Mahendrakar V (IE10)" wrote:
> > >               If you have access to unix   (or Linux)  machine just run
> > > the following command.
> > >
> > >               cal 9 1752 which should give the calendar for month of sep
> > > 1752.

It as to do with how the concept of years came into being and got perfected.
(Well almost). When the Sun based year calculation was made the basis
by Julius Caeser (I suppose) it was thought that it takes 356 days
for 1 year.

However much much later it was found that a year was actualy 356 1/4 days. Thus
the concept of LEAP year was born, and also to take care of all these Quarter
day misses thro all these centuries 10 days were removed from the calender
thats what this should be.

Actualy speaking its again not 356 1/4 exactly. Thats why one as the Centinal
rule, where a centinal year has to be divisible by 400 to be a leap year. This
again misses by a FEW SECONDS each year.

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC
http://hanishkvc.tripod.com