Re: [LI] secure Linux client for Novell??

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, 98 M C A wrote:

...snip....

+ 	do we have a secure novel telnet application (FREE if possible)?
+ Help Me out guys.. I have a lot of heat about an insecure network!!Novell
+ is unremovable due to college requirements...

When someone is sniffing, the best thing you can do about security when
you are at the initial stages of logging is, to forget it (ok, i am not
talking abt ssh and all that here). As a responsible admin, periodically
check what interface of any machine is in promiscuous mode. Otherwise,
since you have that liberty, you can prevent your guys from installing any
random application in their account.

HTH,
Sharad.
~~~~~~~