[LI] Selective network access

Hi all,
happy new millenium!
This one does not really concern LINUX but I will appreciate any tips or pointers. I am writing an application for our office LAN in JAVA but presently not everyone in the offce has been given access to internet and hence don't have browsers installed on their machines otherwise access is open i.e no password required for logging into the server(my Sys Ad has some crazy ideas that by not installing browsers is the most efficient way of blocking internet access), so the only bottleneck in implementing my application is if I can suggest some ways of restricting outside access to internet for the client machine and at the same time client machine should be able to use browser to point to a web page hosted on a local machine and run my application. We are using NT 4.0 Server, the outcome of my entire effort depends upon the feasibility of such selective access. Let me know if you need to know anything more. BTW in case if anyone is interested in the application I have developed -it is about generating a serial number of the outgoing office correspondence ,so a person does not have to get up from his/her seat and write entries in a register -he just opens his browser and points to a webpage hosted on one of the internal machines and the applet gives him a new number after taking some info like his name,subject,sending via e-mail/fax etc and writes the record to a file on the same computer. If anyone wants to use it then please let me know.I have tested and it is running fine except for the problem that I have mentioned above.

Thanks!
Pankaj Mathur
Bangkok