Re: [LI] UDMA66 Benchmarks !

Shanker Balan proclaimed:
>         I have a Quantum Fireball 6.4 GB UDMA66 drive running on slink kernel
> 2.0.36 and hdparm reports a tranfer rate of 7.9 MBPS w/o busmastering. I
> havent yet had the chance to upgrade the kernel to 2.2.13 & hedricks ide
> patches.

Did you hook the HDD as a UDMA33 drive or as a UDMA66 drive?   When you
hook up your UDMA66 drive to a regular old IDE riser on the MoBo it acts
like a UDMA33 drive.

>         What is the actual transfer rate on ur optimizied system ? Anybody else
> out there with UDMA66 drives?

# hdparm -t /dev/hde

/dev/hde:
 Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  3.30 seconds = 19.39 MB/sec

# hdparm -T /dev/hde

/dev/hde:
 Timing buffer-cache reads:   128 MB in  1.98 seconds = 64.65 MB/sec

Thaths
--
  "Hey, we just got away with murder. And it was so easy.  Y'know,
      I never liked that wiener Milhouse." -- Homer J. Simpson