Re: [LI] ILUG Blr Meeting Minutes <Hrs?>

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:

> Tnx to Syed K. Vali's post, U have got an opportunity to see Debian
> GNU/Linux CDs at UR meet.  Otherwise no soul would have given three
> hoots and discussed these things.  Well, do U know what ??
> I was stuck on the Red Hat v6.1 GUI install on my friend's machine but
> no problems on my computer.  The mileage varies.

Another example of how clueless you are.

*I* (your imaginary, mythical RedHat champ) was the one who brought the
Debian CDs because *I* was the one who wanted to see a Debian install
because *I* needed to deploy Debian somewhere. It had *nothing* to do with
Khader's posts (which you yourself "condemmned"), and it had *nothing* to
do with one distro being better than the other - I needed a ROMable
distro, and though I could have used any mini-distro, I decided that I
might as well use Debian.

At the ILUG-BLR meet, there was no animosity or fighting over distros,
though there were several Debian users present. Why don't you ask Khader
if he felt that he was being picked on or alienated in any way, before
posting such *stupid* comments? We were all good friends, and would like
to continue being that way. Despite what *your* warped imagination tells
you, *we* (the members of Linux India (in any city)) do *not* preach
bigotry, hate, strife or favouritism. We preach that Linux is good.

Ragoo, I am now going to say this openly - you have no place on this list
if you are going to continue antagonising people this way and try to do a
British-Raj-style "Divide and Rule" on the Linux community in India. Your
posts are beginning to sound uncannily like those of a certain "gentleman"
in Houston who posted similar messages, but referring to OSs and software
in general.

Atul
Speaking for myself, not any imaginary conspiracy group